Trade Monitoring is a big component of activities for a compliance monitoring team in asset management organizations. Depending on the complexity of the operations, data needs to aggregated for trades and positions across various trading, clearing, custody , brokerage organizations from their systems. Restrictions and limits that are set upon the trading systems and trading teams have to be managed on a day to day basis. End of day trade data needs to verified to see that the defined restrictions were not violated by any. Trade concentrations have to be measured to identify risks.
Personal trade data of staff that have accounts in various entities where they trade for their personal benefits needs to be brought in, to identify personal trades that are in violation to the defined restrictions and insider trading violations.
Patterns of trading behaviour, concentrations, and violations are important to track to identify insider trading, front running and other violations
Investor trade allocations also need to be monitored by Compliance officer to identify violations to client defined restriction and allocation of bad trades to clients.
Regulatory examinations needs a central repository of information and proof of monitoring.
The Compliance Challenge
Bringing in data from various sources and working with excel files to monitor compliance to business rules makes compliance monitoring a very cumbersome and error prone task.
Managing all of this information is much better done with automation . By having a automated way of gathering data from different source systems and applying business rules to identifying issues and violations can save many many hours of labor that can then be focused on working on preventing violations.
Working with a web based system like GRACE Trade Monitoring will enable you to build a central system that can help your compliance team, receive all the trade data from source systems, define the business rules to monitor them, and monitor them thru the rule based engine and automated red-flagging. Issue management from identified trade patterns and violations can be centralized and managed effectively. Client allocation, best execution can also be managed in a similar way.
GRACE provides a single repository of information that can be easily retrieved and offered for audit and regulatory examinations.
GRACE Trade Monitoring System with its cloud model can help you implement a Trade Monitoring program as soon as you sign up without the need to have your own internal hardware infrastructure.
GRACE Can help you Manage this process efficiently
GRACE web based / tablet enabled, Trade Monitoring System provides you with a collaborative tool which encompasses the Compliance department, Trading system, Trading staff for pre-approvals and Issues Management to build a central repository of information, work flow and analytics to be able to stay on top of all trade issues as they occur and ensure their mitigation.
It allows setting up of trade restrictions in a central way that can be shared with trading systems. It provides the trading staff functions to send their pre-trade approval requests. It reduces workload by auto approval and auto rejections based on trade restrictions . It provides e-mail alerts for compliance staff. End-of-day trade files can be pulled into GRACE from various trade sources automatically to verify against the business rules for violations and auto flagging.
Compliance staff can have the entire trade data to conduct oversight.Personal trades can also be pulled in from brokerages to compare and check for insider trading patterns. Similarly client allocated trades can be verified to ensure best execution. Centralized issue management helps you manage assignment, recording notes and issue closure
Trade Restriction Management
- GRACE allows you to set up the trade restrictions in a centralized way
- Trade restrictions can be set up on GRACE and shared with the trading systems or the restrictions set up on the trading system can be brought into GRACE to keep the consistency in trade monitoring
- The restriction information set up here will be used both for automated red-flagging of trades as well as for auto-approval / auto-rejection of pre-approval trade requests from staff.
Automated Trade Data Pull
- GRACE can easily build connectors to the source system from where end-of-day trades can be pulled in the GRACE Database on an automated basis
- As the data is being loaded into GRACE, based on the business rules will be applied to mark up issues and highlighted to the compliance officers for attention to the red-flagged items.
- GRACE can aggregate data from different source systems so the staff can have a single place to conduct their oversight monitoring.
- Trades with issues get into the issue management life cycle.
- GRACE provides online forms for staff to request for pre-trade approval, private placements and for other such approval requirements where needed. Automatic approval or rejection based on trade restrictions enable emails to be sent to respective staff for the result. Requests that need approval are queued to the compliance officer with an e-mail sent to them.
- Compliance officers can review and reject or accept the request with e-mail notification send to the requestor
Automated Trade Monitoring
- Trade Data can be automated to load into GRACE from source systems whether it be brokerage houses or internal systems. Personal trades can also be loaded for employee trades in brokerages.The data will be automatically red-flagged for business rules to allow compliance officers to quickly recognize trades that do not have pre-trade approval, are on the restrictions list or exceed pre-trade approvals that were given.
- GRACE provides flexible querying of information across dates, employee, instrument, issue type and other parameters as well as see trading patterns personal trades violations, trade concentrations, insider trades and mark them up as issues.
Best Execution Monitoring
- When an investment advisor serves as an asset manager, and has responsibility to select broker-dealers, to execute client trades, the adviser assumes fiduciary duty to oversee best execution over how the Broker-dealer manages costs, quality and conflicts associated with trade execution venues.
- A quarterly review of own quality of execution report which has to be published by each of the execution venues and an annual report about the monitoring of the execution quality of all used execution venues should be collated and analysed(when executing client orders).
- Execution venues have to provide information on intra day price and trading day price information for each financial instrument. This data can also be brought into GRACE through automation
- GRACE can help provide analysis and reports based on trading venues for the compliance management to see if the actual trades are as per policy that has been defined
Client Trade Allocations
- GRACE can help you look through all the trade allocations to see that there is a pattern of fair allocation across your clients through various queries and reports
- GRACE provides a standardized way to record and manage issues across all functions
- Issues can be recorded into the issues pool and allocated to different issue owners depending on their functions
- Notes and case management including reviews, escalation and follow up alerts workflows enable proactive issue management
- Issues Dashboard can be used by management to monitor issues and view trends
- GRACE powerful trade dashboard provides deep drill down analytics, charting, queries and reports on all aspects of trade monitoring.
- It includes the status of all the trade loads, metrics on automated red-flags, assignments, issues and status of issues for easy monitoring on all aspects of trade.
- Issues can be viewed all the way to the notes and case management including reviews, escalation to ensure closure. Issues dashboard can also show trends
The Great Value GRACE Brings to Trade Monitoring
Efficiency and Effective Trade Monitoring
Ability to automate and integrate with source systems, sychronize the trade restrictions and automated red-flagging can reduce the manual work load in doing these enormously
Standardized Process for Trade Monitoring
Across the organization Standardization in the Risk Identification, Classification to Mitigation can be achieved by using a single system
By standardizing the process of identifying issues quickly and taking corrective action along with the ability to drill down to the status of mitigation, accountability for monitoring and risk management gets well established
Insider trading can be caught very easily
With the Aggregated Trade Information along with Personal trade monitoring and Market Data, Insider trading can be quickly identified using the trading patterns in GRACE
Central Database for Single Source of Truth
By Aggregating Information from various source systems, GRACE becomes a Single Source of Truth for trade information that can be easily accessed for issue management
Monitoring trades in multiple systems eliminated
Trade monitoring through multiple systems and non-standard processes will get eliminated and central trade monitoring can be achieved
Best execution and Fair Allocation Proven in Best Interest of Client
The Standardized process for monitoring Best execution and Fair Allocation ensures that organization is working in the Best Interest of Clients
Automated Alerts and Dashboards keep everyone on track
Automated Alerts from the system make it easy for everyone to stay on track and manage the process.
Trade Monitoring from Anywhere
Given the ability of GRACE to be accessed anywhere, it allows the Compliance staff to conduct Trade Monitoring from where ever they are and at all times ensuring quick control in case of risk issues
Risk reporting becomes Online and Real time
Regulatory reports can be easily generated from GRACE and can save a lot of money in integrating and managing data for reporting can be minimized.
Regulatory examinations can be handled with confidence
The GRACE system becomes the proof of records for regulatory examinations and can save enormous amount of money in this data gathering and report creation process.
Organization Ownership of Data
Organizations suffer when key risk and compliance staff leaves. The information is scattered if maintained solely by individuals and are lying on disks in various forms. GRACE becomes the single central repository of data, documents, data and processes enabling continuity even when key people leave the organization
Easy to Integrate and Customize
GRACE offers easy integration with organizational source systems to enhance the functionality and extend it at low costs. This is a great benefit for end users who can bring in all the relevant data into a single system through automated process allowing them to focus on risk management and compliance instead of data gathering
Enormous Cost Savings
Enormous costs savings in unwanted labor, avoid regulatory fines, legal costs, reputation risks and empowers the organization in managing risks.
The staff of the Division of Trading and Markets have prepared the following responses to…
The Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (“OCIE”) isissuing this Risk Alert to provide SEC-registered…
La Meer announces the GRACE for Data Privacy 3.0 to address the provisions of California…
La Meer announced the GRACE SMCR solution that addresses the needs of Financial Conduct Authority…
On June 5th 2019, SEC adopted the Best Interest Standard regulation Reg BI for Broker-dealer…
La Meer announces updated GRACE for Client Management that includes the requirements of Regulation Best…
La Meer Inc. offers the GRACE Training Management system that now enables course contents to…
La Meer Inc. has been shortlisted for the Best Innovative Technology award by Regtech Insight…